Aug 31, 2012

Lunch Inspiration

Happy Friday, everyone! I've decided that Friday is Lunch Day here on Stay at Home Goddess. Every Friday morning you can check here for inspiration. I'll keep it quick and snappy. Just some pictures of yummy food.

Monday:

Remember my last post where I didn't wake up before my kids? I was super groggy and I forgot about my latest obsession. I didn't take a picture of my daughter's lunch. I was all sad because I thought I would only have 3 pictures this week. Fear not though, fellow lunch packers. I still have four lunches this week! Monday, she had homemade lunchables, mandarin oranges, and olives. It was very unoriginal. I was tired!

Tuesday:

Chicken salad sandwich on wheat. A great way to use up leftover chicken! Apples with peanut butter to dip, raisins, and pickles. A little lemon juice is all you need to keep your apples from turning brown. She drank milk with this, so that was her dairy for the meal.  






Wednesday:

I was so proud of my daughter on Wednesday! She had originally opted to eat corndogs at school. I always double check with her to see if that's what she still wants to do. Then, she was all like, "Ummm...Can you just pack my lunch today?" I was bursting with pride, people. This was thrown together in the morning. Half a bagel sandwich with cream cheese and turkey, pretzels, grape tomatoes, strawberries and grapes. 



Thursday:

Boiled egg, crackers, grapes, sliced green peppers, tomatoes, ranch dressing to dip and a cheese snack. 



Friday:

I got a great deal on those Mott's Snack & Go pouches this week. I was excited! My kids love them and she could have applesauce with little mess.  Turkey and provolone rolls-ups, grape tomatoes, pickles, and pretzels.


That's it! Hope you feel inspired! Look out for the Mott's Applesauces. They're new and I've seen them on sale in a few different stores. Plus, you can go get a $1 off coupon when you Like their Facebook page. You're welcome! Plus, keep an eye out for my next post about how I pack the lunches quickly, what I use and how I've organized it all. I've been working hard on it! 

Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend and be safe if you are traveling. My husband and I are off on a much needed lunch date today. Hurray! 

Cheers and Hugs, 
     Cindy

1 comment: