Sep 21, 2012

More Lunches? Absolutely!

I don't remember the last time I was so excited that it's Friday! Alright...maybe I say that every Friday. I love that the anticipation for the weekend. I feel like I spend all week prepping for today. I'm all like, "What's that, Weekend? You want me to be all lazy and relax with my family and sleep in? Sweet. I can do that." It's exciting. So, short and simple, here's what I packed this past week! It was a 4 day school week and I packed everyday. The girl has declared she always wants me to pack her lunches. No more school lunches equals Proud Mommy Moment. Hope you're inspired!

Tuesday:

Turkey and cheese on whole wheat. Pickles. Pineapple. Cucumbers. 

Wednesday:


Homemade Lunchables. Grapes. Smoothie. See this post for details. 

Thursday:

 Butterfly PB&J as requested. Raisins. Popcorn. Kiwi. 

Friday:

Rice cakes wedges with peanut butter. Cheese cubes. Carrots and Cucumbers with Ranch for dipping
Raisins and Kiwi. 

This little guy was SO jealous of his sister's lunch, he got his very own bento-style breakfast.  Happy boy!!
Peanut butter rice cakes, banana, cheese cubes and kiwi. You lucky kid. 


You might be wondering where the vegetables are. Some lunches seem so one sided, right? I know. Last week, I worked really hard to sneak them in. This week I was exhausted and I just plain didn't feel like putting up the effort. I figure, it's mostly healthy, she eats vegetables at dinner, and eats fruit all day long. I don't eat vegetables at every meal; I don't expect her to. I know that, overall, she's getting what she needs. If you don't want to waste carrots that won't get eaten, let it go. I give you permission.  You don't have time to whip up smoothies or muffins. Oh well. You can make sure they get their daily vegetable quota at dinner. Let it go. I sure did.

Or if you do pack them, make sure you give them a nice, "You better eat these!" Like I did. ;-) hehe!  What did you pack this week?

Giddy Friday Hugs,
     Cindy


P.S. If you do want to know how to disguise some vegetables, just check out my post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment